What problems do Yahoo, HP, Nokia, Technicolor, 3DLife and other companies see in the future of multimedia? The Multimedia Grand Challenge is a set of problems from industry leaders, geared to engage the Multimedia research community in solving relevant, interesting and challenging questions about the industry’s 2-5 year horizon for multimedia.
2011 Challenges are the following:
- HP Challenge: High Impact Visual Communication
- Technicolor Challenge: Precise Event Recognition and Description from Video Excerpts
- Nokia Challenge: Visual Landmark Recognition
- Yahoo! Video Challenge: Robust Automatic Segmentation of Video According to Narrative Themes
- Yahoo! Image Challenge: Novel Image Understanding
- 3Dlife Challenge: Realistic Interaction in Online Virtual Environments
Winners of the competition will be announced at the ACM Multimedia Conference 2011 in Scottsdale, Arizona.